Tom's MIDI Music
Well, I don't have anything really good and polished here but you're welcome
to listen anyway - you might find some of this stuff to be interesting. If
you want a good MIDI player for Windows, I've written one that you can try -
it's called TMIDI.
Live recorded ramblings
These are recordings of me just playing on the keyboard. They have not
been touched up in any way. To listen to them, you should have both
patience and a good piano soundfont or synth. If you have a Sound Blaster
Live! I recommend the Grand Piano One
- 12/7/2000 - OneOctave.mid - 14m:32s -
Created in a fit of creativity while playing with a one-octave demo of the
- 11/8/2000 - piano-ramble.mid -
15m:20s - An interesting (to me) melody that developed while playing random
stuff one day.
- 11/8/2000 - more-fun.mid - 5m:37s - A
fixation with some big chords.
- 2/11/1999 - lonlon1.mid - 0m:36s -
Inspired by the Lon Lon Ranch music from Zelda 64. Short.
- 7/15/1998 - uneat.mid - 0m:27s - Inspired
by a song from the demo "Uneatable". Short, big chords,
- 7/15/1998 - random-cello.mid -
10m:39s - Wandering around on the cello. Slow. Sounds ok with a
- 6/12/1998 - wander.mid - 2m:25s -
Wandering around on the piano. No conscious inspirations, but there
are things here that have been floating in my mind for a long time.
- 5/28/1998 - grandpa1.mid - 1m:43s - An
old song I recorded my grandpa playing.
Arranged game music
I've arranged a few songs from games. These were done on an AWE64 but
should sound ok on any GM synth.
- 12/18/1998 - no-time.mid - 1m:16s - No
Time To Waste from Herzog Zwei (Genesis)
- 12/7/1998 - sm3underwater.mid -
1m:01s - Underwater music from Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo) - such a
Back to Tom's Home Page